I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Dawn Husted. Thank you, Dawn! I “met” Dawn through Twitter when we were both pitching our novels during #PitMad. 🙂 Be sure to check out her site! You can also find her on Twitter.
7 Things About Me (not in my bio):
- My favorite season is fall. I love pumpkins and even have my own pumpkin patch. I grow Jack-o-Lanterns and Jack-Be-Littles. I haven’t been too successful with it, but it’s still fun to try. This year marks my fourth attempt.
- I love ASL. I took two semesters of an ASL continuing ed class. After school (I was teaching middle school at the time), I’d drive about an hour away every Monday night. I’d usually get home around 10 PM. To this day, it has been the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
- I love concerts. The last concert I attended was The Who. I would’ve loved to have seen Stone Temple Pilots in their heyday. My current concert bucket list includes Pink Floyd and Breaking Benjamin.
- I can’t start a new TV show in the middle. I have to watch from the pilot and on, or I can’t watch the show. Irrational? Perhaps. I tend to watch shows after the fact. For example, I didn’t watch Friends until a few years ago. I binged the entire series in one summer. Currently, I’m binging Friday Night Lights. Even though I hate football, I love this show. I only have ten episodes left! 😥
- I took piano lessons during middle and high school. I used to love to play. I’d play for hours, until I’d have sore fingers and wrists. My college had private lesson rooms, so I’d walk over and play every once in a while, even though I wasn’t in the music program at all. I haven’t played in a few years now, but I’d like to get back into it.
- When I was in college, I took a trip to Ireland and London. It was amazing. I’d wanted to go to London my entire life, so it was literally a dream come true. A group of my college buddies and I were on a bus tour in Ireland, and we did London on our own. Such an incredible experience. Here I am kissing the Blarney Stone.
- I have a minor in film. I don’t even know what that means exactly, but my college offered it, and I did it. I can’t say it’s done much for me in my life, but it was fun at the time, and my teacher was the best! I was exposed to movies I never would’ve watched on my own, like Bicycle Thief.
And there you have it!
I’d like to share my nominees with you! Yep, I’m breaking the rules. Go check out their blogs!
THE RULES FOR NOMINEES
- When you get his award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.