When I started this blog, I figured I would only talk about writing. Lately, I’ve been focusing on music. But it’s my blog and I can do whatever I want. 😛
I have compiled a list of what I believe to be acoustic tracks that are superior to, or just as awesome as, their original versions. Here we go.
1) “Chandelier” Sia –> Better Than Original
It’s funny how you can put a dance beat on a song and everyone assumes it’s a feel-good tune. When you strip it and listen to the lyrics, it’s an honest portrayal of someone struggling with alcohol, and it becomes a completely different song. Sia has major pipes.
2) “Don’t You Worry Child” Swedish House Mafia –> Better Than Original
Here’s another example of how getting rid of that ridiculous club beat that every current song feels it needs, gives you such a different song all around.
3) “Interstate Love Song” Stone Temple Pilots –> Better Than Original
I can’t even talk about it. Perfection.
4) “You’re Going Down” Sick Puppies –> Just As Awesome As Original
Shim actually explains their changes to the song at the beginning of this video. It’s so different than the original, but in the best way, so it’s hard to choose which is better. That’s why I didn’t. 😉
5) “To the Moon and Back” Savage Garden –> Just As Awesome As Original
Darren Hayes’ voice is so pure. I love this version.
6) “Calling You” Blue October –> Better Than Original
It’s pretty. Prettier than the original. That’s all.
7) “Life is Beautiful” Sixx A.M. –> Better Than Original
This doesn’t sound like an acoustic song, but compared to the original, it’s toned down. The message is much more powerful when presented this way.
8) “Diary of Jane” Breaking Benjamin –> Better Than Original
This. is. beautiful. The best part of a BB acoustic is how you can see just how awesome Ben Burnley’s voice is. He can growl and yell at you. And then he can go and do this. Ben is the man.
9) “Plush” Stone Temple Pilots –> Better Than Original
Yes, STP again. Scott Weiland had such an awesome voice, and this version of “Plush” showcases it perfectly.
10) “Everlong” Foo Fighters –> Just As Awesome As Original
“Everlong” can’t be touched. It’s just one of those songs. So there’s no way I can say the acoustic is better. They are equally awesome.
11) “So Cold” Breaking Benjamin –> Just As Awesome As Original
BB again! There are many acoustic versions on YouTube, and Ben varies each one just a little bit, but this is the only one you need. Trust me on this. I’ve done my research.
12) “Anna Molly” Incubus –> Just As Awesome As Original
I didn’t even know this version existed until about a week ago. I love the original and this one has just as much power behind it. I’m glad I accidentally discovered it.
13) “The Kill” 30 Seconds to Mars –> Just As Awesome As Original
They have performed “The Kill” acoustically many times since this video, but this is the first acoustic version I heard. And it has strings!
14) “Grenade” Bruno Mars –> Better Than Original
96% of the time, pop music makes me roll my eyes and gag a little, but I can’t deny Bruno Mars is talented and has a fantastic voice. I love the original, but this one is just better.
15) “Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been” –> Better Than Original
I love this song. The lyrics are out of my diary. I should sue. This was no contest. The acoustic version is hands down better than the original, mostly because of the subject matter.
That’s all! I’ll probably think of more the day after I post this. Oh, well. Till next time. Happy listening!