Story time with Lauren.
You’re here for one of several reasons:
- You’re thinking about joining VIPKID and you’re soaking up every bit of content available like the sponge you are. In that case, welcome, prepare to be enlightened.
- You already are a VIPKID teacher, but you haven’t had any classes yet and you want to know what to expect. In that case, I’m happy to share my experience.
- You know me and want to know how my first class went. In that case, aww, thanks for asking.
- You clicked here accidentally and have no idea what I’m talking about. In that case, you’re excused. Not offended.
Some stats for perspective:
- Today is my 7th day with VIPKID and today was my first class.
- I’m certified for Level 2-5, Trial, and Global Adventure (whatever that is).
- It was a short notice trial class at 7:30 am (EST). (Shoot for the PPT if you can!)
- She was seven years old, cute as a button, and smarter than I realized at first.
I have returned. Please. Contain your excitement.
I’ve been a bit MIA lately. Twitter, this, my writing community… I’m such a routine-oriented person that when something new comes along, it throws me off so much that something’s gotta give. In this case, three somethings.
My cat’s social media presence is still very much alive. Because priorities.
So what’s been going on with me? What is it that has screwed over my precious routine?
I got a job, y’all.
For that and other randomness, keep reading. 🙂
My last playlist. And the hardest to compile. Out of everyone, Mark’s list has had the most changes. I started with strictly romantic type songs. But he’s not a total sap. So this is a mix of 90s/2000s alternative, radio-friendly, pop…stuff. With a touch of sap.
For what it’s worth, Mark’s favorite music is jazz. But I was not about to attempt such a playlist. It would just be Dizzie Gillespie, because that’s the only jazz artist I know. 🙂
“The Alt-Rock Top 40er”
1) “Wonderwall” Oasis
2) “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” U2
3) “Do I Wanna Know?” Arctic Monkeys
Continuing with my alt-versions of songs, this week, I bring you Vitamin String Quartet. I’ve mentioned this group in the past, namely when I was recommending music for a writing session. They’re perfect for that! But really, no time is a bad time for VSQ!
I had an unnecessarily rough time narrowing this list down to forty. I say unnecessarily because…what does it matter? Who cares? Still, it was difficult. Their catalogue is huge, and I actually didn’t make it through the entire list!
Think of VSQ as an excuse to put virtually any band you’d ever want into your wedding ceremony. Yeah, not kidding.
So enjoy what I’ve painstakingly–for not reason whatsoever–whittled down for you:
Mocha loves her cat bed. Loves. She’s in it right now, actually. It’s known as “the pod” around here, but it’s the EZ Mount Window Bed by K&H Pet Products. After weeks of hinting I’d make this video, here’s her review:
If you’d like one for your cat, check Amazon!
Last Monday’s video:
Looking for more cat products? Check out my other posts:
Catify Your House with These Awesome Cat Products
Catify Your House With Even More Cat Products
Wondering what this is all about? Start here: “What’s on Your Characters’ iPod?” A Writing Exercise
It’s back to the 80s this week. Anna likes to stay busy, so she really doesn’t have time for music. But on the off-chance she has a spare minute, she’ll put on some 80s. While Hunter is more of the cheesy 80s pop fan, Anna likes a little more 80s variety. Not much though! 😀 And definitely some girl power.
“The 80s Rocker”
1) “Livin On a Prayer” Bon Jovi
3) “What You Need” INXS
Yes, it’s time for another Music Monday post devoted to lullabies. This time we’ll take a listen to Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star. I prefer these to Rockabye Baby’s renditions. In case you missed it:
Here’s a sampling of the lullabies I found particularly awesome. I’m serious. These are amazing. I was getting way more excited than necessary as I scrolled through their YouTube page. Totally fangirling over the bands. I’m such a diehard music junkie that I freak out over lullabies. Lullabies, people. Lullabies. #noshame